POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rounded prism? : Rounded prism? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Rounded prism?
From: Rune
Date: 28 Jul 2008 17:25:00
Message: <488e392c$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have forgotten - is there ever anyone who have made a macro for creating
rounded prisms? I currently need a macro to create rounded prisms, where the
rounded prism will fit inside a normal prism with the same points. In other
words, the rounding thickness should not be added to the prism, but rather
some volume should be taken away at the edges to get the rounding.

I tried to do the math myself, but it turned out to be a bit tricky for me.

I have searched on google for both rounded and smooth prism, but with no
good results as far as I can see. I just seem to remember that such a macro
existed, but I may be mixing up things...?

Rune
--
http://runevision.com